Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Principal UX Designer, Amazon Alexa AI
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. The Amazon Device and Services team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including Kindle eReaders, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Echo, Ring, Blink, Eero, Halo, Kuiper and Zoox. We are also the home of Alexa, a cloud-based intelligent voice assistant, to provide information, answer questions, play music, control your smart home and much more. Alexa is integrated into many of our products and partner products and many thousands of devices work with Alexa.
The Alexa AI Information team is looking for a Principal UX Designer who leads through their work and is comfortable with all stages of the product lifecycle; from early generative research to initial product definition, from white boarding new interaction models to creating highly refined prototypes. From pitching new concepts to internal and external stakeholders to testing new concepts with customers. A successful candidate will have a excellent track-record of designing and delivering high-quality and widely-adopted consumer internet products.
Key job responsibilities
* Lead high priority design projects that are often high-stakes, ambiguous and complex in nature
* Foster a customer-obsessed design culture by sharing best practices, evangelizing design principles and influencing product strategy
* Define, develop and socialize a clear vision for design innovation and big thinking while not sacrificing speed of delivery
* Provide leadership and design direction, influencing across teams and giving thoughtful, detailed and actionable design feedback
* Promote collaboration and facilitate communication with stakeholders at all levels and across diverse disciplines and geographies
* Work cross-functionally to drive elegant design solutions from early concept through final implementation and iteration
* Use data and customer insights to confidently share design solutions with senior leaders
* Use systems-level design thinking to drive design solutions from your team that scale
* Present design work to executive leadership and other senior stakeholders
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Boston, MA, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 10+ years of design experience
- Have an available online portfolio
- Mastery of design thinking methodologies to lead teams toward user-centered outcomes
- Skilled at managing and influencing senior leaders to help teams progress quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $131,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $244,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.