Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Visual UX Designer, Amazon Alexa AI
Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. The Amazon Device and Services team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including Kindle eReaders, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Echo, Ring, Blink, Eero, Halo, Kuiper and Zoox. We are also the home of Alexa, a cloud-based intelligent voice assistant, to provide information, answer questions, play music, control your smart home and much more. Alexa is integrated into many of our products and partner products and many thousands of devices work with Alexa.
The Alexa AI Information team is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to elevate Alexa’s brand, support the visual system, and improve product experiences across Alexa’s suite of AI products on devices, mobile and the web. You will conceptualize and craft world-class visual experiences, collaborate with interaction designers, researchers, engineers, product managers throughout the design and development lifecycle.
Key job responsibilities
* Lead high priority visual design projects that need to reflect brand strategy and require high craft for Alexa Info experiences
* Contribute to product vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs user interfaces, systems, and the interaction, visual, and motion design patterns
* Drive elegant design solutions from early concept through final implementation and iteration
* Collaborate and communicate effectively with other team members across diverse disciplines and geographies
* Use systems-level design thinking to drive design solutions from your team that scale
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
San Francisco, CA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 6+ years of design experience
- Knowledge of design tools such as Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver
- Have an available online portfolio
- You have expertise in developing beautiful creative solutions in digital product design for a range of platforms like web, mobile and custom devices
- Experience applying scrum to visual or UX design processes
- Experience with UX design of complex workflows
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $211,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.