Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
System Development Engineer, Ring
As a System Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to design, implement and maintain solutions for Infrastructure of the whole Ring. You will also support development teams in their day-to-day issues.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about building customer-centric, innovate solutions.
You will work closely with an internal team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and testing.
Key job responsibilities
The ideal candidate
- has knowledge and experience in build systems (Jenkins)
- has knowledge and experience in version control tools (git, gerrit, codeamazon.com)
- has knowledge and experience in using linux and command line tools
- has ability to understand and design complex CI solutions
- has some knowledge about AWS systems
- has at least basic programming/scripting skills - Python
- has knowledge of Ansible and Terraform
- has fluent English in reading and writing
- is a team player
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
A day in the life
A day in this role is to provide operational support to the customers basing on incoming jira requests - tickets are triaged twice a day. Engineer is also having shifts on duty to support customers via slack channel. Core working hours are 9am CET to 5pm CET when on support channel duty. Except of that, Engineers may need to support customers (who are Ring development teams) on on-call duty, which is 24/7 - but also based on Engineer's shifts.
Except of saving world on daily basis, Engineers are also designing improvements for existing systems and implementing automations. Manager is open to hear about new ideas and to implement those.
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge about build systems
- Basic knowledge about code repositories
- Basic knowledge about linux and command line utilities
- Basic programming skills
- Experience in working with CI/CD tools.
- Experience in working with scalable, reliable and high-performing web-services.
- Ability to make responsible decisions
- Knowledge about code repositories (Git)
- Advanced knowledge about linux and command line utilities
- Advanced knowledge about build systems
- Advanced knowledge about regular expressions
- Ability to design complex CI solutions
- Basic programming skill
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.