Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Development Engineer, Ring
At Ring we have a unique possibility to innovate and see how the results of our work improve the lives of millions of people and make neighborhoods safer. You will be part of a team committed to pushing the frontier of computer vision and machine learning technology to deliver the best experience for our neighbors. This is a great opportunity for you to innovate in this space by developing highly optimized algorithms that will work on scale. You will collaborate with different Amazon teams to make informed decisions on the best practices in machine learning to build highly-optimized integrated hardware and software platforms.
Key job responsibilities
- Designing new services on AWS including the use of a multitude of different AWS solutions.
- Writing, testing, maintaining and deploying code.
- Inventing, designing, estimating and planning of new features.
- Working in a Scrum team, attending Daily, Planning, Refinement and Retro meetings.
- Learning from others and helping to grow junior team members.
About the team
This role will be a part of the engineering organization developing cloud services and infrastructure to support computer vision research and product development efforts.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Rust, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience with primary AWS offerings such as EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
- Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.