Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Development Manager, Ring
Are you passionate about taking responsibility for operating and engineering systems on a massive scale, and willing to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing? Do you want to accelerate your career by leading the development and launch of core product features, which will impact millions of Ring customers around the world? Are you passionate about agile and have a proven delivery track record?
Come join us, we are looking for a Software Development Manager who will be building innovative, mission critical cloud based systems!
A successful Software Development Manager should be highly autonomous with strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, effectively prioritize deliverables and make data-driven decisions. This is an exceptional opportunity to join Ring’s engineering organization and drive the growth of your team and the products you will be owning.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience managing engineers
- Experience designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
- Experience in engineering
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).