Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Embedded SDE II, Ring
Ring in the UK will grow rapidly in 2024, therefore we are looking for skilled individuals with a strong sense of independence to join our team in Cambridge. Our team will develop current projects as well as build and deliver new features. As an Software Development Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building IoT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
Key job responsibilities
Delivering high-quality C/C++ code for Ring Devices at Amazon,
Specifying, designing, and implementing functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems,
Proactively communicating and demonstrating technical leadership.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of embedded firmware development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent