Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Development Engineer II, Devices Subscriptions Tech
Come develop the backend services and Amazon experience for one of the primary sources of revenue for the Amazon Devices business.
Join a team helping to bring the latest Device Services to life for millions of customers worldwide. Device Subscription programs are one of the primary benefits bundled with many of Amazon's innovative device launches and provide a key source of customer value and revenue for the Devices business. Membership Programs, Subscription Services, and Product Line teams are increasingly leveraging subscriptions and launching devices with bundled services as key levers to provide customer value for Echo Family Devices, Ring, Blink, and Alexa. This team has the opportunity to work with directly on new Device product launches, improve the customer experience on Amazon.com, and work on Amazon scale distributed systems.
We are looking for an SDE who is excited about being part of new initiative and not afraid to dive deep and define product technical strategy and architecture. In this role you will work with business partners to design, implement and launch new subscription solutions based on business objectives and timelines. You will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. The right candidate will possess strong technical skills, can dive deep with demonstrated experience leading medium to large distributed services, and will want to have a lasting impact in the Devices space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This is a unique opportunity to stand at the intersection of device innovation, customer experience, and horizontal service strategies.
Come be a part of Amazon’s product development. We want a highly technical individual with strong leadership to help put Amazon’s devices and subscriptions in the hands of customers all around the globe.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop highly scalable service to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leverage state-of-the-art technology
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
- Evaluate and make decisions about the use of new or existing software products and tools.
- Have unique exposure to technologies used in devices / subscriptions / e-commerce platforms
- Work closely with our engineers and product managers to design solutions with distributed computing techniques to simplify architectures, launch new services, and bring end-to-end solutions
- Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
- Be a member of the Amazon-wide Software Development Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences
A day in the life
Our team owns the Amazon Devices subscriptions and memberships checkout and entitlement services that focuses on improving the CX for Amazon customers. We work with customer facing products that are highly visible and on initiatives that directly impact Devices goals of increasing customer engagement with devices. As a member of the team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will work with Product Managers to build new e-commerce systems. You will be given the freedom and inspiration to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
If you are ready to truly make an impact on products that are used by millions of people around the world, then we would love to talk to you.
About the team
You will be part of the team that’s starting a new multi-year initiative to re-envision the Device Subscription experience on Amazon.com from ground-up. You will help define and deliver a technical strategy and vision that requires large scale solutions, solving ambiguous customer journey’s and setting up new mechanisms, all providing high customer impact, immense career growth and job satisfaction with a healthy work-life balance. You will contribute or develop deep expertise in the areas of distributed systems, SDK, app development (React native & Typescript), backend services (Native AWS), data storage and data pipelines. Hired engineer will directly be responsible to build a tech north star of Device Subscriptions having a cross-team impact, influence , and scope to next level. The initiative is a key org-level launch goal having visibility and reporting to D-Team/L10/L8 on a regular basis.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Guadalajara, JAL, MEX
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent