Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Software Development Engineer, Devices Offline Retail Tech
Want to change the way millions of people communicate, shop, and have fun? Want to help Amazon bring products like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Alexa devices, Ring and Blink cameras, eero mesh networks and Kindle e-readers to market?
The Offline Retail Tech team enables customers to buy Amazon’s products at Best Buy, Staples, and many other brick and mortar retailers worldwide. Amazon’s products are in the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, and others! Our team’s responsibilities are centered on running the offline fulfillment channel, including ordering, inventory management, promotions, and returns for Amazon’s Devices business.
We are looking for a talented, experienced Software Development Engineer to help expand our global offline reach and build best-in-class solutions that help us grow the devices business at Amazon scale and speed!
Come be a part of Amazon’s product development. We want a highly technical individual with strong leadership to help put Amazon’s products in the hands of customers all around the globe.
Key job responsibilities
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work extensively AWS technologies such as SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, Step Functions, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Data Pipelines, and Kinesis
- Launch new, high impact programs that reduce logistics costs or increase unit sales
- Perform development and maintenance of key system features
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, selecting design patterns and mentoring team members on their appropriate application
A day in the life
- Scrum reviews with the team
- Design and develop features which extend our current software, and create new services leveraging AWS technologies
- Full stack development
- Collaborate with others on your team and across the organization
- Help set the direction for the future of Devices fulfillment solutions
About the team
We are a highly collaborative team, within a 5-team organization which works together to build and maintain solutions for Devices Retail Fulfillment, mostly focused on B2B Retail distribution. We strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance, with a philosophy of working smarter, not harder. The team is very supportive of one another, creating a positive and inclusive environment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Guadalajara, JAL, MEX
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent