Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Quality Assurance Engineer, Ring
Ring HW/SW development Org is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong background in firmware engineering to raise quality bar in embedded systems application. You will be responsible for the quality of Ring core products including doorbell camera, security camera, and other new products. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building and testing IOT products. They have Passion for embedded software quality assurance, backed by a minimum of 4 years of embedded software test/quality assurance experience. They are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a highly ambiguous but collaborative peer environment.
Key job responsibilities
About the team and Responsibilities - Joining our team gives you the opportunity to :
• Lead a small team and develop firmware tests for various components of Ring Home Security devices. You'll test functionality, APIs/SDK, scaling, performance, and security, for software and services.
*Develop and execute comprehensive firmware test plans, test cases, and test procedures tailored specifically for smart home devices, considering various functionalities and use cases.
• Provide technical leadership, software design, coding, testing, and debugging as it relates to test and quality assurance for embedded software products.
• Introduce Automation and Propose improvements to our existing processes and tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality, and efficiency.
*Work with management, architects, and developers to create cost-effective, flexible, software/firmware test solutions which scale with our business
Work with other engineers, technicians, Lab Engineers in Device Test Labs
A day in the life
You will strategize, develop, and manage quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications. You will architect, standardized, and execute manual and automated testing methodologies across multiple products/projects that enables high quality deliverables. You will also create detailed test plans and test cases and create quality KPI and take actions to drive the teams to deliver perfect quality products and re-validations.
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Chennai, TN, IND
- 1+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience in UI and API automation testing (Selenium/SOAPUI)
- Experience in API & Mobile testing
- Experience designing and planning test conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control
- Experience with embedded systems or consumer devices
- Experience programmatically testing products, measuring test coverage, developing the best automation, driving testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
- Isolating test failures in complex software systems
- Self-driven and able to work with a high level of ambiguity in a prototyping development phase
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and drive