Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Sr Technical Program Manager, Ring
Ring is looking for a technically strong leader to define and develop highly scalable hardware and software solutions that will power Ring cameras and video doorbells.
In this role you will work closely with hardware, software, and product teams to deliver high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with stakeholders to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
As the Senior TPM, you will drive various initiatives for the team and ensure leadership is updated through weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall development lifecycle of complex projects spanning multiple teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a strategy and roadmap that provides compelling device capabilities and helps meet our business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers and managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
A day in the life
Your work is to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams that will be working to deliver both new products and integrate new technologies into products. You will closely with vendors, engineers, and product teams. You will write documents, help with prioritization and planning, coordinate technical investigations and development work, and help to drive for on-time and on-budget project deliveries.
About the team
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. Ring is committed to offering smart security solutions that are dependable and reliable. You will be part of a fast-paced team that is passionate about delivering innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA
- 7+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical program management working directly with software engineering teams experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses and reporting to senior leadership
- Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $119,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $231,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.