Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Systems QA Engineer, Blink
Amazon is seeking an individual to hold hardware and firmware development to the highest standards. Work to qualify and test our first run custom hardware from our Blink cameras, doorbells, and accessory product lines to help confirm operation and quality at the expected levels. This role will require a hands on approach with hardware, test equipment and the ability to develop test scripts. Hands on quality assurance puts you along side the hardware, firmware and system engineers to test the performance of our products. You will strategize and identify areas that would benefit from automated testing and work to develop those tests. Working closely with the system engineer to develop and target testing in critical areas to flush out issues early in the development process.
Key job responsibilities
- Effectively collaborate with engineers to qualify initial development of Blink products in a hardware focused BSP team
- Collaborate with Systems Engineer to develop tests for investigations and bring-up
- Use bench test equipment to qualify hardware, interfaces, and firmware is operating to the highest standards
- Work with developers to test completion of tickets
- Write test cases that allows repeatable test flows to verify changes easily
- Create quality test plans and monitor quality of components and services that can feed into other development and QA teams
- Collaborate and contribute to embedded automation tasks
A day in the life
A typical day will bring working with hardware and firmware components to test the development of the bring up engineers while having an eye for issues in the overall integrity and performance. Using bench test equipment to exercise and diagnose operation and performance of hardware/firmware. Document results and review with leaders. Work with in our larger organization testing infrastructure when appropriate and create and document test strategy.
About the team
You will be part of the Ring Solutions Systems team, which is a larger systems team focused in Ring Alarm, Smart Lighting and Blink devices. The team works in a Kaban style Agile development and very closely with HW. Your team will be specifically focused on Blink development but have counterparts on the Ring side for consultation and guidance.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 4+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience as QA lead on medium to large sized projects
- - 2+ years of experience using tools like oscilloscopes, advanced digital multi-meters, power analyzers
- - Experience reading schematics
- Experience with at least one automated test framework like Selenium or Appium
- Experience in gathering test requirements to create detailed test plans and defining quality metrics to measure product quality
- - 3+ years of experience testing custom developed hardware
- - Experience testing wireless radios
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.