Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
System Thermal Engineer, Sr., Ring
Ring is looking for a Sr. Thermal Engineer to join the Devices Team in our Taipei, Taiwan office. The Devices Team is responsible for the development of Ring Video Doorbells, Ring Security Cameras, Ring In-door Drone, and other Ring products.
As a Sr. Thermal Engineer you will be working with multidisciplinary group of mechanical, electrical, ID, power engineers and engaged in a fast paced mission to deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence.
Your deliverables will include development of thermal solutions by the simulation, analysis and correlation of the measurement result, and also the new feature development. The candidate needs to work with team to define and conduct the system behavior/performance of the thermal and power profile to ensure the design compliance with all operation condition before manufacturing release. You will support creative developments through application of analysis and testing of complex electronic assemblies using advanced simulation and experimentation tools and techniques.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate and optimize thermal solution requirements of consumer electronic indoor and outdoor products
- Use simulation tools like FloTherm XT/EFD and Icepak for analysis and design of products
- Validate design modifications for system thermal performance concerns using simulation and engineering validation and real system application measurement
- Establish temperature thresholds for user comfort level, component level and performance considering reliability requirements
- Have intimate knowledge of various materials and heat spreaders solutions to resolve thermal issues
- Collaborate as part of device team to iterate and optimize design parameters of enclosures and structural parts to establish and deliver project performance objectives
- Design and execute of tests using statistical tools to validate analytical models, identify risks and assess design margins
- Conduct design analysis of complex mechanical systems and electronic assemblies to verify the design health, using structural analysis tools such as FEA
- Develop and apply design guidelines based on project learning.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Taipei, TPE, TWN
- Experience in developing functional specifications, design verification plans and functional test procedures
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams to execute product design from concept to production