Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Sr Security Engineer, Devices and Services Security
Amazon Devices is an inventive research and development organization that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Starting with the best-selling Kindle family of products, Amazon Devices developed and produced ground-breaking devices like Amazon Echo products, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Astro, Halo, Ring Doorbells, Blink Cameras and more. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in being part of a top-notch security team covering all Amazon devices? If you want to keep customers safe, then we have a job for you! Amazon’s Device Security Platform team is growing and looking for strong leaders.
In this role, you will work in the OS platform Security team for Amazon devices like Echo, FireTV, Fire tablets, Ring and Blink doorbells, cameras, drones, wearables, Kindle readers, upcoming projects like Project Kuiper (satellites), and automotive security.
Key job responsibilities
* Help guide the secure development of devices at Amazon, from security design, threat modeling to code reviews, security testing and fuzzing
* Be responsible for analyzing the security of the platform components of consumer devices
* Propose, research and develop tools and techniques to improve the security posture of devices at scale
* Provide technical security expertise and consultation to device product teams
* Identify security risks and work with product engineers to create mitigations
* Develop new security policies and procedures
* Empower others to improve their security acumen by promoting awareness and developing training materials
A day in the life
DSTS is responsible for empowering and enabling the organizations of Amazon Devices to develop and build secure products, including responding to public vulnerabilities and reviewing or co-developing security features to protect customers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* 7+ years of hands-on industry experience
* Knowledge of operating system internals, with emphasis on Linux and common RTOS environments
* Familiarity with system security vulnerability research and remediation techniques and the development of exploit PoCs
* Experience with network security and authentication protocols, cryptography, and application security
* Security code review experience in C
* Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
* Experience and involvement with development team(s) that delivered commercial software, services, or hardware devices
It would be advantageous to have experience in several of the following areas due to the wide variety of systems, languages and protocols in use within Amazon
* Strong experience with the application of threat modelling or other risk identification techniques
* Knowledge of Android OS internals
* Security-focused code review experience in C++ or Java
* Experience with coding in C/C++, assembly languages and scripting (e.g. , Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash)
* Experience with fundamentals of common wireless connectivity protocols (e.g. Bluetooth, WiFi, Zigbee, Thread)
* Knowledge of hardware security mechanisms, including secure boot and trusted execution environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $247,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.