Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Embedded Software Engineer - Amazon Sidewalk
There is nothing COOLER than thinking and building a brand-new IoT protocol like Amazon Sidewalk. Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role? Join us as the initiator of Sidewalk protocol.
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn’t have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don’t reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. In this role, you will be a core member of a global development team and responsible for third party system integration. You must be passionate about building IOT products, responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment.
An ideal candidate should:
- Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
Base Location: Taipei or Hsinchu
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hsinchu City, TPE, TWN | Taipei, TPE, TWN
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive embedded development experience in C and C++, and familiarity with ARM CPUs
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Experience with modern C++ programming (C++14 and above)
- Experience with Linux system programming
- Experience with Android BSP or Android framework development
- Experience with Linux Kernel / Driver development
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Fluent technical communication in Mandarin and English