Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Software Development Engineer, Ring
Build a world-class UX from checkout to delivery of Ring products to customers.
You will build services on AWS handling shipment and delivery between the Ring.com e-shop and Amazon back-end. Your solutions will reduce time-to-customer, keep them informed and solve bi-directional delivery (returns, replacements etc.). You will design new architectures to support complex requirements including multi-country support, analytics, legal compliance etc., while raising the bar for technical design.
You can expect working with a mix of hosted and serverless micro-services. Your solutions will follow the AWS Well Architected Framework. You will be part of a diverse, multi-cultural team.
This role is available in Warsaw, Gdansk or Cracow.
Key job responsibilities
- Designing new services on AWS including the use of a multitude of different AWS solutions.
- Reviewing and improving the designs of other team members and external teams.
- Writing, testing, maintaining and deploying code.
- Inventing, designing, estimating and planning of new features.
- Working in an agile team
- Sharing your knowledge and helping your team members to grow their skills.
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. With Ring, you’re always home.
For more information, visit http://www.ring.com/
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Krakow, POL | Warsaw, POL
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Python, JS, C#, C/C++).
- Experience in system design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling of new and existing systems).
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Master or Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of AWS
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.