Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Sr. QA SDET, Blink
Software developers generate code, but does it work? We need you to design and build test tools and processes so that we can build high quality products faster. Blink QA is looking for a talented Sr. SDET to make a difference on our team.
Key job responsibilities
As a Blink QA Sr. SDET you will be responsible for framework architecture, building and maintaining our automated test infrastructure for multiple Blink devices and applications that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation. You will evaluate current automation implementation and identify gaps in coverage and create test strategies and test cases to improve and assess product quality. You will create infrastructure and tools to establish a reliable continuous build and test cycle that including meaningful reporting.
A day in the life
As a Sr. QA SDET on the Blink team, you are expected to bring passion to utilize and grow your industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve our automation capabilities, test coverage and testing efficiency. You will be working closely with Program Managers, and Development Engineers on the ASIC, Hardware, Mobile Development, Embedded Software, and Cloud teams providing testing support, creating automation, troubleshooting issues, and contributing ideas to improve the customer experience of our products. All QA engineers contribute to improvements in our processes, efficiency, and accuracy.
About the team
Our vertically integrated engineering organization gives QA engineers the opportunity to test algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, industry-leading AWS infrastructure, and mobile applications. As part of Amazon Devices you will have the ability to collaborate with other Amazon Devices teams like Ring, Kindle, Fire, and Echo. The Blink organization encourages QA feedback on behalf of the customer and has mechanisms in place for every team member to contribute to improving the customer experience of our products and services within each cross-functional area of our organization. We work very closely together within our own team, usually a few QA to each project.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mexico City, DIF, MEX
- Expertise designing and building test automation frameworks and tools
- A Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Computer science, Software engineering or a related field
- 8+ years developing automation in at least one of languages - Java and/or Python and/or Ruby
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Expertise with Apium automation framework or Python Framework including Robot
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Experience with AWS Services, deployment tools and processes
- Ability to solves significantly complex or endemic architecture and/or test problems
- Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute plans as required
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with open source tools and resources