Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Embedded Firmware Engineer II, Ring
Blink is actively seeking an experienced embedded firmware developer to join our global team. In this pivotal role, you will be at the forefront of developing cutting-edge firmware for our wireless IoT devices. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams in Boston, the UK, and around the world, you will ensure the successful development, deployment, and enhancement of our firmware solutions.
As an embedded firmware developer, you will play a vital part in optimizing firmware for efficient power consumption, maximizing the longevity and performance of our devices. With exposure to diverse architectures, you will leverage your expertise to drive innovation and deliver high-quality firmware solutions.
We welcome candidates with a range of backgrounds, including electrical engineering (EE) in addition to computer science. This role offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with talented individuals from various disciplines, contributing to our mission of providing advanced home security solutions.
Join the Blink team and be part of our dynamic and innovative environment dedicated to revolutionizing the smart home security industry. Take the next step in your career and help shape the future of IoT firmware development. Apply now to make a lasting impact.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop C code on ARM Cortex M and ZSP wireless microprocessors
- Utilize electrical engineering (EE) skills to optimize hardware-firmware interactions, ensuring seamless integration and performance of embedded systems. Collaborate with ASIC IC teams during hardware bringup for successful integration with custom-designed ASICs
- Expertly debug and troubleshoot firmware and hardware interactions, leveraging electrical engineering (EE) knowledge to resolve issues at the firmware-hardware interface and ensure optimal functionality of embedded systems
- Write application logic code for our security devices
- Work with QA to get development tickets across the line for release
- Investigate issues that may arise with deployed firmware
- Follow direction from Software Manager, Program Manager and lead engineers
- Ensure build system for continuous integration is in place with automated unit tests
- Document all designs and decisions
- Groom development tickets with the team
A day in the life
As an embedded firmware developer at Blink, your focus will be developing firmware for our wireless IoT devices, including Blink cameras. You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams in Boston, the UK, and worldwide to deliver efficient and reliable firmware solutions. Your daily work will involve debugging and troubleshooting firmware and hardware interactions to ensure seamless camera operation. Additionally, you'll document designs, decisions, and findings to promote knowledge sharing within the team. Join our dynamic environment at Blink and contribute to revolutionizing the camera industry through innovative and dependable IoT firmware development.
About the team
Our Philadelphia-based development team consists of skilled firmware engineers who collaborate closely to create innovative solutions for our wireless IoT devices, including cameras. They work hand-in-hand with quality assurance professionals to ensure the reliability and performance of our firmware. Additionally, the team collaborates with Technical Product Managers (TPMs) and Project Managers (PMs) to align development efforts with product goals and timelines. This integrated approach fosters seamless communication and efficient execution, resulting in the delivery of high-quality firmware solutions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Malvern, PA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.