Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Quality Assurance Engineer
Ring is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join a team of hands-on, passionate professionals developing innovative products. The person in this position will be responsible for qualifying products and features developed by cross functional teams; developing test plans and test cases mapping to product requirements; documenting end user scenarios; detecting and reporting UI, API, and system wide issues; participating in triaging defects; automating test cases to assist with production release regression testing; and preparing test reports and release readiness reports for components, APIs, and product feature integrations.
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with cross functional sprint teams to qualify and prepare to release Ring products and corresponding companion applications (mobile and web apps).
- Develop test plans and test cases mapping to product requirements and technical implementations.
- Prepares and distributes test reports and release readiness reports for stake holder review.
- Actively contributes to QA support functions - UI and API Automation, triage issues, troubleshoot issues, conduct API tracing, and support production release testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role in a cross functional sprint team.
- Experience with Android and iOS application testing or development.
- Experience in execution of complex test plans and test cases, evaluation/triaging of test results, determination of root cause and identification of mitigation strategies.
- Experience in preparing and presenting test reports to stake holders.
- Experience working in a MAC and Linux environments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in coordinating with cross functional teams and developing test plan and test cases mapping to technical implementations.
- Hands on experience working with IDEs - Android studio, Xcode, intelli J.
- Knowledge of wireless connectivity technologies - WIFI, Bluetooth, ZWave, Zigbee.
- Experience with QA report management tools - Jira, Confluence, Testrail.
- Experience with production monitoring and deployment tools – Splunk, Kibana, Jenkins.
- Able to automate UI and API test cases using established tools and make configuration changes.
- Knowledge of IOT device development or testing, specifically Home Security Systems.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and delivery quality products on time.