Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Sr UX Designer, Scaling Tools & Software, Amazon Devices
Are you passionate about designing tools and software that enable organizations to scale rapidly while delivering great value to customers? Are you excited by talking to customers, understanding their pain points, and delivering results that solve them? The Amazon Devices Customer Insights and UX Team seeks a thoughtful, creative, and motivated Senior UX Designer to design software and tools that enable the Devices organization to scale and automate demand planning, promotion services, and forecasting efforts for Amazon Devices, including Echo & Alexa devices, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle E-readers, Ring and Blink Home Security products, and more. You will partner with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Machine Learning Scientists, Strategic Planners, UX Designers, and User Researchers to drive innovation for new and optimized prediction, simulation, and personalization services that enable customers to purchase Amazon Devices at the time and place they desire.
As a Sr. UX Designer for Scaling Tools & Software, you will own the definition and design of simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences that simplify workflows for internal customers while enabling innovation for machine learning models, science, and technology to automate or completely augment workflows in the way we know them today. You have an inventor’s spirit and highly refined aesthetic sensibilities to design elegant data visualizations that help users to make educated business decisions that drive billions in revenue annually. You obsess over the customer experience; never settling for good enough. You love to dive into unknown territory, thrive in ambiguity, and invent simple solutions to complex challenges, working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. Your work will focus on desktop first, but you should be passionate about expanding features that move with users from one device to another.
You are a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to deal with ambiguity within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables that achieve the customer goals and business requirements.
**This role may sit in Seattle, WA or Denver, CO.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate and work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering teams from design concept to design solution, using business requirements, customer research, and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
• Design conceptual sketches, wireframe information architecture, journey maps, user flow diagrams, service design blueprints, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration, efficiency, and adoption of solutions
• Develop and maintain detailed design patterns that scale for your team and influence other designers
• Lead brainstorming sessions and give presentations to partners and stakeholders to drive design, demonstrating features and flows
• Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies, usage data), using that to inform future design
About the team
We are a global organization spanning market research, UX research, and UX design that leads the strategic direction, design strategy, innovation, and customer experience for the Devices shopping experience on Amazon.com and automation & scaling tools. We execute market & UX research that informs Device hardware, software, marketing strategies, and shopping customer experience. We design platforms and programs to support device sales and engagement in e-commerce across shopping platforms. Our multi-disciplinary team envisions, creates, and executes ideas from start to end. We strongly believe in a collaborative team culture and encourage cross-team partnership and bonding to drive innovation and maintain a safe and inclusive community.
- 6+ years of design experience
- Have an available online portfolio
- Experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
- Experience with UX design of complex workflows
- Have an online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- Experience acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $211,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.