Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Clinical Content Senior Associate
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Clinical Content Senior Associate to join our Clinical Content Informatics team within the Chief Medical Officer Organization division. Your job will include researching and developing clinical content assets and maintaining a robust set of global content libraries to support our customers’ clinical documentation needs.
You are a curious person who is great at identifying problems and seeing them through to resolution. You would rather be an expert in a specific area than a generalist, but still need to know how your work fits in with the bigger picture. You are careful and detail-oriented but at the same time very efficient in your work and are always looking for ways to streamline processes and cut out waste. You have experience with athenaOne Clinicals and some background in or exposure to medicine and medical terminology and are capable of conducting in-depth research into different medical specialties to determine their clinical practice needs.
The Team: Our Clinical Content team optimizes the client experience by curating clinically relevant content that is supported by evidence-based medicine and industry standard code sets. The standardization, management, and continuous improvement of these content assets is critical to supporting a positive customer experience that leads to exceptional patient care and contributes to the success of athenahealth’s clinical workflows. The team engages in the product development process to support content for new workflows and features. We curate content for workflows including templates, orders/results, clinical providers, patient health information sections, screening questionnaires and care management.
Job Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to)
- Develop clinical content assets for medical specialties, examples: screening questionnaires, documentation templates, treatment plans, order libraries, among other things
- Assist with training on clinical content development, both internally and externally
- Support the application of appropriate code set mappings by researching and applying codes from libraries such as SNOMED, LOINC, CPT, ICD-10 and others
- Partner with outside clinical content vendors
- Work with technical writing teams to develop Knowledge Articles and Release Notes for new or updated content releases
- Run database queries to assist with the generation of value sets that drive Clinical Guidelines and Clinical Decision Support algorithms
- Develop best practices for athenaClinicals using evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
- Support analysis of clinical care guidelines and building specialty specific workflows to support them
- Investigate, gather, and analyze usage data to drive key project decisions and guide future content development
- Assist content managers and leaders with other Content team projects and cross-functional work with internal partner teams
- Research and apply appropriate code mappings to assist with quality measure performance and payer data transmission projects
- Analyze and map data exchange elements
Education, Experience & Skills
- Experience with athenaOne Clinicals, preferably as user of the admin configuration tables
- Understanding of medical terminology and ability to research specialty-specific clinical care practices
- Strong computer literacy including MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Airtable, SQL and HTML is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Professional experience in healthcare industry preferred
Behaviors & Abilities Required
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and collaboratively as part of the larger team
- Adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to jump into any aspect of work to help achieve results as a team
- Comfortable with ambiguity and learning more while a project is in flight
- Passion for improving healthcare and the clinician and staff experience, with empathy for the user of our products and services
- Ability to instruct peers and clients in the creation and usage of clinical content using clear communication
- Strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including use of data to drive decisions
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to align execution to organizational vision by prioritizing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment to drive results against several projects simultaneously
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Belfast, ME. Our Global Headquarters is located in Boston, MA.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients, and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support and collaborative workspaces.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.