Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Member of Technical Staff
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
athenahealth is a progressive, innovation-driven software product company. We partner with healthcare organizations across the care continuum to drive clinical and financial results. Our expert teams build modern technology on an open, connected ecosystem, yielding insights that make a difference for our customers and their patients. We maintain a unique values-driven employee culture and offer a flexible work-life balance. As evidence of our rapid growth and industry leadership, we were acquired by the world’s leading private equity firm “Bain Capital” in 2021 for $17bn! and we have many new strategic product initiatives
Position Summary: We are looking for a Member of Technical Staff who is an experienced software engineer preferably in public and private cloud environments to join our platform team in Bangalore
The Team: Managed API Gateway handles traffic routing, load balancing, and coarse-grained authentication and authorization for API requests made to microservices. API gateway provides a single unified entry point across all athena internal and external APIs.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
· 2 to 4 years of experience in an engineering role
· Experience in an Agile environment preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Knowledge of Linux, SQL, NoSQL
· Experience with RESTful API, Infrastructure as Code, Terraform, and Monitoring stack.
· Experience in Jenkins, AWS (ECS, EC2, ELB, IAM, RDS, Route53, Cloud Map, Lambda, CloudWatch, VPC, S3)
· Experience with API Gateway
· Exposure to OKTA or ping or any other IAM products
Roles and Responsibilities but are not limited to:
· Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail.
· Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with policies on Security, performance, longevity, and Integration testing.
· Estimates the cost of a specific design of a proposed product.
· Accurately estimates story points
· Actively participates in the planning process
· Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices
· Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes.
· Scale systems to meet business demand.
· Deploy systems to meet availability targets (HA/DR)
· Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation, and adhere to best coding practices.
· Perform peer code reviews to ensure quality standards.
· Analyzes code, logs, and system behavior as part of advanced troubleshooting.
· Proactive identifies and influences prioritization of technical debt
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.