Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Platform Product Manager
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Product Manager to drive strategic initiatives across epocrates’ Platforms. You will work alongside Platform team leadership, engineering, and enterprise architecture to define and build foundational platform components to support internal and external applications. You will work closely with Product Analytics, Engineering, Design and internal stakeholders to provide consistency and fluidity across platforms.
You are comfortable collaborating with end users, delving into technical topics with engineers, producing thoughtful analysis, and presenting to a wide range of stakeholders. You will conceptualize, define and deliver platform services to meet evolving business and customer needs, bridging the gap between business and engineering.
The Platform team is pivotal in identifying, understanding and strategizing solutions for enterprise-wide issues. We dig into data from product analytics, customer support, medical information and marketing to understand how our applications are impacting a user’s experience. Then we work to make it seamless, simple, intuitive and - most importantly – helpful, to the medical practitioners who access our platforms every day.
- Prioritize and manage features that will deliver high-leverage value and intuitive customer experiences
- Collaborate with UX and internal stakeholders to identify and understand user problems and requirements
- Manage a scrum team and effectively coordinate with stakeholders across the organization to deliver and ship features/projects/products on-time
- Handle communication across teams with documentation, and provide regular demos and updates on your progress
- Maintain expected standards across the team for product specifications, backlog health, and consumable user stories for engineering partners
- Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design
- 10 years overall professional experience, inclusive of a minimum of 5-7 years of product management experience
- Understanding of the healthcare / health IT environment is a plus
- Demonstrated success at driving vision and prioritization of products in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially through presentations
- Experience working with Agile (Scrum) teams
- Experience creating and grooming user stories for feature delivery
- Experience leading engineering discussions around decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience contributing to design discussions with project scope and business initiatives in mind
- Experience launching end-to-end web and mobile products
- Understanding and prior use of tools like Optimizely, Amplitude, Iterable, Google Analytics or comparable products
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.