Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Associate Member of Technical Staff - Tech Ops
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for an Associate Member of Technical Staff to join our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (Network Operations Centre). You will promote a teaching and learning culture within the team and will be a NOC liaison to all internal stakeholders. As a NOC liaison, you will identify and execute on opportunities to adopt new processes within the team.
This is NOT a directly client-facing role. However, every action you take will be in the interest of an amazing user experience for athenahealth clients and internal users alike!
The Team: Tier-1 NOC is a Global Operations team that is responsible for 24/7/365 support of the core athenaNet application (Collector & Clinicals), all supporting Platform and Product technology services, the entire supporting infrastructure (both public and private cloud) for core athenaNet, athenahealth Enterprise applications and more things to come! This team is laser focused on availability, reliability, stability, scalability, customer experience and development of large-scale distributed computing problems and performance of the application(s) they support, while ideally spending 50% of the time reacting to issues and the remaining 50% of the time is to make the entire system better. Laser focused on availability, scalability, and customer experience which operates within an agile environment and evangelizing and maintaining Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Alert Management & Resolution – 40%
- Incident Management – 30%
- Continuous Improvement – 20%
- Turnover, Team Meetings, Vendor management & Ticket Work – 10%
- 2- 4 years of professional experience in an IT/Technology environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree – B.E / B.Tech / M.C.A
- Previous experience working with a database technology (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Proven operational background and best practices
- Experience working with a Fault Management/Monitoring tool such as Assure1, Netcool, Zabbix, SolarWinds, Nagios/iCinga, Kibana, Grafana, Splunk, xMatters, WorldPing, AppDynamics, Thousand Eyes
- Working knowledge of Confluence, Jira or similar ticketing system
- Experience working with cross-functional groups and teams to achieve common goals
- Experience supporting a web application in a production environment
- Experience creating technical documentation and SOPs
- Experience delivering communications with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willing to work a flexible 24x7 schedule
- NOTE: We make every attempt to keep a consistent schedule for all team members. However, a need may arise where you’ll be asked to work outside of your regular schedule.
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Chennai, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, few miles from Boston. We have 2 other India locations, Chennai and Pune.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support and collaborative workspaces
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.