Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Technical Field Support, Senior Associate
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
athenahealth is a progressive, innovation-driven software product company. We partner with healthcare organizations across the care continuum to drive clinical and financial results. Our expert teams build modern technology on an open, connected ecosystem, yielding insights that make a difference for our customers and their patients. We maintain a unique values-driven employee culture and offer a flexible work-life balance. As evidence of our rapid growth and industry leadership, we were acquired by the world’s leading private equity firm “Bain Capital” in 2021 for $17bn! and we have many new strategic product initiatives.
Position Summary: As a Sr. Research Associate in Customer Care Program Management at athenaHealth, your role is pivotal in identifying, analyzing, and resolving complex issues impacting our customer’s experience and organizational success. You will be at the forefront of ensuring that our programs run efficiently and that we deliver exceptional service to our customers. Your analytical prowess, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills will be critical in driving meaningful improvements in our programs and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Team: Customer Care Program Management is the driving force behind streamlining and optimizing complex processes. Our mission is to identify gaps and opportunities for product and process improvements, ensuring efficient operations, and exceptional customer service.
Education & Experience Required:
- An ideal candidate will have relevant experience in a research or analytics role, preferably within a related industry or function, demonstrating a track record of conducting in-depth analysis and generating actionable insights.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience in conducting root cause analysis to identify underlying issues and trends.
- Strong skills in creating insightful reports and maintaining detailed documentation of analysis, methodologies, and findings.
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to proactively identify and resolve complex issues.
- Experience in contributing to Program and Project plans, including defining measurable outcomes and KPIs for tracking progress and success.
- All candidates must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey insights and findings to diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills and effective networking with a broad base of internal and external constituents
- Ability to manage numerous detail-intensive, interdependent, and time-sensitive tasks and ensure accurate completion.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to lead and influence others to achieve desired results.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
70% In-Depth Analysis and Insight Generation
- Conduct in-depth analysis of business problems, root causes, and customer pain points identified through reporting and manual reviews.
- Create insightful trending reports based on data analytics.
- Identify and communicate actionable insights to drive issue resolution.
- Define measurable outcomes and Key Performance Indicators for Program Success
- Actively seek solutions to identified issues and collaborate with stakeholders for resolution.
15% Collaboration and Communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Customer Success Managers, Technology Enabled Services, and Product teams.
- Share insights and findings with colleagues to contribute to a collective knowledge base.
- Communicate methodologies, insights, and lessons learned through detailed documentation.
- Act as a liaison between different teams to ensure effective problem-solving and issue-prioritization.
15% Continuous Improvement and Learning
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives based on analysis and findings.
- Maintain a culture of continuous learning and stay updated on current trends, initiatives, and best practices.
- Contribute to Program and Project plans with your analysis to enhance operational efficiency.
- Act as a proactive problem-solver and actively seek opportunities for process optimization.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.