Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Product Performance Associate
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Product Performance Associate to join our Product Performance team within our Product Operations function. Your job will be to manage and drive outcomes across R&D investments’ (known internally as R&D Boulders), working in partnership with cross-divisional stakeholders across the life cycle of clients, products, and services. The team manages our R&D initiative portfolio, conducting projects for high impact R&D initiatives to drive incremental value and ensure maximum ROI. The Product Performance Associate is expected to be aware of how their work impacts the R&D portfolio and will be tasked with program managing a subset of programs that drive better portfolio outcomes. Programs range from product migrations, new product or segment launches, post GA feature & product revenue optimization, internal workflow & process design, and more.
This position can be based in our Watertown, Massachusetts office and/or our Belfast, Maine office.
The Team: Our team manages the R&D initiative portfolio and conducts strategic projects across R&D to optimize ROI while informing key processes in the product development lifecycle. Our team obsesses over healthcare disruption, ensuring our R&D investments drive impactful change in the industry.
- Maintain and drive effective project management, communication, and partnership of projects across all impacted internal stakeholders, supporting service delivery & integrity for specific programs
- Scope, kickoff, execute, and drive outcomes for multiple programs across R&D’s key initiatives to enhance product usage and financial performance
- Leverage internal & external insights to identify product performance & revenue optimization opportunities, pulling operational and financial levers to drive outcomes across the product development lifecycle
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze initiative performance and synthesize findings to executive leadership for rapid decision making
- Coordinate with internal teams to drive tool development to aide in client & product performance based on business requirements
- Help drive initiative success by leveraging all resources at his/her disposal to effectively support multiple, concurrent initiatives, balance timelines and deliverables, and communicate results to key stakeholders
- Ability to collect, analyze, and make recommendations based upon R&D, financial, and business operations data
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required
- 2 or more years of relevant professional experience is needed
- Intellectually curious and takes an entrepreneurial approach to owning and solving problems
- Experience executing processes and projects to meet business goals in cross-functional team settings
- Knowledge and understanding of current healthcare operating models
- Less than 10% travel – required to attend 3x a year release planning in person meetings and to engage in an external healthcare experience 1x a year
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.