Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Marketing Operations Associate
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
As an experienced communications professional and member of the Internal Communications Team, you will work with cross-functional teams to develop engaging content that inspires athenaNation to achieve its vision. The Senior Associate serves as a primary writer for the team. The individual selected for this role will curate, create, edit, and publish high-quality materials for internal audiences focused on advancing athena’s strategic growth initiatives and corporate culture programs. The role will support change management, HR, executive, brand, product, technology, operations, and general storytelling communications needs. In this role, you will work closely with Internal Communications leadership and divisional representatives from across the company to write communications for our various digital channels and audiences based in the U.S. and India.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
80% Content Development, Execution, and Measurement
- Partners closely with Internal Communications leadership and internal clients to write, edit, and proofread a variety of employee communications including (but not limited to): employee feature stories, executive speeches, corporate emails, articles, leadership blog posts, digital signage content, video scripts and outlines, talking points for leaders, frequently asked questions (FAQs), manager guides/toolkits, fact sheets, overview documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Distills complex subjects into coherent and easy-to-understand language for all audiences.
- Optimizes content for both digital and in-person channels and develops effective solutions based on individual client needs.
- Aligns communications with athena’s unique brand voice, company values, and strategic plan while ensuring messaging resonates with our mission-driven audience.
- Adapts core messages for specific audiences, segments, and athena locations (including remote employees), as needed.
- Develops innovative communications materials that reinforce the athenahealth brand and culture, drive engagement, and support company and divisional goals, effectively integrating vehicles/channels, and tactics to support your approach.
- Supports the publishing process for communications. This includes posting articles to employee intranet and divisional homepages, as well as mass email distribution for both targeted and all company audiences.
- Creates and advises on internal employee surveys and other feedback channels.
10% Project Management
- Supports and develops integrated communications plans for change management initiatives.
- Takes communication strategies developed by Internal Communications leadership and translates them into tactical, tangible ways to bring the project from an idea to reality.
- Able to react and adjust to the changing needs of the business with grace and shift/realign priorities / renegotiate deliverables as needed.
- With the support of Internal Communications leadership, takes independent action and makes independent strategy aligned decisions when/where necessary.
- Supports the development of multiple pieces of content/projects at the same time.
10% Cross-functional Partnership
- Builds and maintains day-to-day departmental relationships with internal clients and supports specified projects as assigned.
- Based on survey and other data (e.g. focus groups, website traffic, etc.), proactively recommends compelling topics and ideas for both divisional and company-wide communications while executing final deliverables.
- Seeks out opportunities to enhance communications from a visual perspective, either through graphic design or other multimedia, and collaborates with internal creative resources to develop final product.
- Works with internal business partners/subject matter experts on the communications review process and routes documents to the appropriate teams for feedback and approval.
Education & Experience Required:
- 5-7 years of direct experience in a corporate communications role/function writing intranet articles, developing announcements, and executing tactics to include but not limited to employee generated content, meetings-in-a-box, video, newsletters, intranet, digital signage, employee mobile, live broadcasts, e-mail, texting, social media, etc.
- 3 years interfacing, influencing, and partnering with internal clients and stakeholders and serving as a communications internal consultant/counsel and thought partner.
- Experience gathering employee feedback (qualitative and quantitative) to make data-based decisions for communications strategies.
- Experience working with and providing feedback to creatives such as graphic designers and video producers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, organizational development, or communications required.
- Experience in supporting communications within a highly technical industry, such as healthcare and/or a technology focused company, is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas: organizational storytelling, executive communications, HR Communications, Culture Communication, Crisis Communication, or Change Management.
- Expert level writing and editing skills, specifically focused on writing for internal audiences.
- General knowledge of digital communications best practices.
- Experience developing user generated content strategies for internal audiences desired.
- Demonstrated ability to take independent actions and decisions to move projects forward, and skilled at the art of non-programmed decision making.
- Thrives when faced with challenges that have high levels of ambiguity.
- Experience with SharePoint or other advanced content management systems (CMS) for employee websites and/or external websites is desired, but not required.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.