Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Product Management Associate
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
About Collector team: Our team of product managers work on the very core of Athena RCM processes, comprising of Claim submission, follow up and processing of incoming remittances and posting against receivables, patient billing, patient statements and collections among other workflows. We work on solving complex business problems f or a wide range of stakeholders covering everyone from customers - both practices and patients, Technology enabled services and our multiple BPO vendors. Our work is quite complex and highly automated and involves working with athenanet and a host of third-party software to enable a seamless experience for our customers with their money and receivables tracking.
Position Summary: This role manages the product for a functional area. PO for 1 scrum team with narrow scope, junior membership, and limited dependencies.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
60% Interpreting strategy into visions and actionable plans for the product
- Creates multi-release product roadmaps (multi-release) and communicates internally, noting the stages and timelines for various work.
- Determines whether experiments, alpha and/or beta stages are needed to determine Product-Market fit and appropriately defines and utilizes them
- Works with the Product Leadership to prioritize problems or themes to reach the outcomes
- Defines the outcome for sprints and releases, and prioritizes the initiatives for the scrum teams.
- Works with the UX team to identify and understand the user problems and requirements.
- Analyzes the scope of the product area and makes decisions about the actions needed on how to proceed to realize the outcomes outlined in the product strategy
- Conduct analysis for new initiatives; gathers information, end user feedback and experiments to reduce uncertainty
- Identifies product gaps and defines requirements to fill these product gaps
40% Executing on products with a cross-functional team
- Works with the developers and designers to build a product that meets the expected outcomes and market needs.
- Works with both UX and Development to understand design or technology implications in solution ideas.
- Build, groom and prioritize the backlog
- Articulates crisp user requirements, user stories and documentation
- Communicates requirements and constraints and facilitates the team in a brainstorm to figure out how to best satisfy needs from the customer and the business.
- Works with the product leadership to recommend the best course of action to achieve intents.
- Verifies and provides feedback on requirements as delivered to ensure they are solving business problems
- Gains alignment from multiple stakeholders; recognize the need for alignment
- Understands product dependencies and negotiates the trade-offs with the appropriate product managers.
- Participates in scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospective
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- 5+ years overall professional experience, inclusive of a minimum of 2-3 years of product management experience
- Experience working with Agile (Scrum) teams desired
- Understanding of healthcare / health IT environment a plus
- Experience testing and validating value of products in the market
- Demonstrated success at driving vision and prioritization of products in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Ability to explain your positioning to various people around the company in an effective way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior leaders and customers
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ability to focus on the desired outcomes and value for both the business and the customers when making decisions regarding execution and delivery.
- Ability to work in conjunction with engineering and design estimate the level of effort, dependencies, blockers, and contingencies.
- Ability to understand the value of and can create strong problem statements and metrics that are actionable, focused, and inspiring to achieve correct business outcomes.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.