Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Instructional Technologist, Senior Analyst
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for an Instructional Technologist Analyst to join our Coaching and Training Services Team to help us make our mission a reality. Our mission at athenahealth is to curate a training experience that is cohesive across our product workflows and engages our users to offer them training just in time. We believe that training should be relevant to a user and their organization, that it should drive performance, and be utilized and engaging.
The Instructional Technologist executes our Instructional Designers eLearning course designs, demo video storyboards, and simulation schematics. They must have strong technology and content development skills in addition to being able to work independently and cross-functionally. The Instructional Technologist should welcome the opportunity to constantly learn new skills at a quick pace and be a flexible individual who enjoys partnering with others to implement ways to increase client satisfaction, engagement, and success. Reports to Instructional Technologist Manager within Virtual Training and Design in Coaching and Training Services.
- Execute on design interactions to build and update content based on direction and training assets provided by Instructional Designer within the agile software development process.
- Deep technical knowledge of eLearning tools, including Articulate 360 and Camtasia. Keeps skills up to date with eLearning tool updates.
- Creating all interactions and engagements per course storyboards. Builds out release specific video demonstrations from storyboards.
- Creating visually appealing concepts when required using excellent graphic design skills by adhering to athenahealth design guidelines: proper fonts, colors, graphics, and more.
- Attend project team meetings, work closely with Instructional Designer on project; completes project tasks on time. Communicates status of tasks regularly.
- Consult/provide feedback as requested on concepts designs and release materials.
- Research and present new technologies to improve learning experience and outcomes with eLearning team.
- Conduct course quality assurance reviews to ensure full functionality and accuracy.
- Participate in departmental and divisional initiatives.
- Provide feedback into the client’s learning journey.
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
- 1-3 years’ of experience in developing training content for a variety of delivery modalities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in instructional technology, instructional design, graphic design, or video production strongly preferred.
- Excellent technical skills on authoring tools like Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Cloud, and video and audio editing software.
- Aptitude for learning and applying new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Aware of accessible online learning content standards.
- Unafraid to ask for clarification on storyboard or other materials.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and communicate potential conflicts or blockers to manager.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.