Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Product Management Manager
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Collector platform zone within our Product Management organization. The Product Manager’s work would be to gain expertise on Business workflows, prioritize the right feature, scope out the MVP, ensure value delivery with each iteration and execute opportunities that enable this platform to meet the growth that athenahealth is set out to.
About Collector platform Zone Product Management team: Our team of product managers are building new and exciting platform capabilities to solve complex business problems for a wide range of stakeholders covering everyone from customers, to our internal technology enabled services teams and our multiple BPO vendors. Our work is quite complex and requires the ability to conceptualize and implement workflows that manage large volumes of claim resolution work. This work can be manually completed by our BPO partners or automated to increase overall system productivity.
- Understand Zone responsibility in athenahealth ecosystem & accordingly conceptualize product/feature definitions to deliver value
- Collaborate cross functionally with global as well as technical teams
- Driven to identify solutions, build value for consumers & business
- Think outside the box
- Define epics and user stories, clearly articulating business requirements for the problems we are aiming to solve - including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Product first approach
- Problem solving mentality
- Value driven prioritization
- Partner with Product Management leaders to be the voice of product decisions within the organization
- Serve as Product Owner for scrum teams covering assigned product area
- Strong negotiation & logical-reasoning to ensure making the right tradeoffs
- Confident in sharing your knowledge & experience with Product Management leaders to drive portfolio and product strategy
- Support feature rollouts through alpha, beta and general availability by collaborating with customer-facing teams, analyzing feature impact, and preparing communications
- Communicate equally well with Sales/Marketing teams as with Engineering teams & leading the conversation to planned outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Product Management
- 7+ years of product management experience
- Prior experience of Product Management on 2 or more products is a must
- Prior experience with working on healthcare/healthcare interoperability (integrations/HL7/CCDs/Interface Engines) is a plus
- Possess strong technical understanding of Product development like Microservice architecture, SaaS product, Micro Front-ends, etc
- Possess strong technical understanding of Product development
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Chennai, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, few miles from Boston. We have 2 other India locations, Bangalore and Pune.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support and collaborative workspaces
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.