Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
The Corporate FP&A team is looking for an experienced Sr. Analyst responsible for analyzing and understanding the results of the company from both a financial and operational perspective. This person will help develop and maintain a metrics-driven infrastructure to help drive profitability as well as support the continuing growth of the business. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate FP&A, this person will have a broad scope with exposure to company-wide financial planning, forecasting, reporting and other strategic initiatives.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of company results from both a financial and operational perspective for the executive team and business partners.
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly variance analysis and key metrics.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reporting package for executive and leadership teams.
- Assist in preparation of presentations for Board of Directors and other Corporate meetings.
- Provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis to drive decision making including project costing, profitability and productivity analysis and return on investment.
- Management of the annual budget and monthly forecasts for key budget owners.
- Develop and/or assist in the creation or improvement of various financial and capacity models for product lines, costs centers and/or companies.
- Management and analysis of key drivers of unit cost (actual results versus budget/forecast).
- Become proficient in the use of the companies’ budgeting, forecasting, scorecard and reporting software
- Become proficient in the use of the company’s current general ledger Oracle.
- Maintenance of list of key areas of business risk and concern, to help prioritize additional analysis, to guide senior management discussion about the business and to develop cross-functional projects to mitigate risk.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to six years of progressive financial planning & analysis experience
- Bachelors’ degree in related field (MBA a plus)
- Exceptional financial analysis background, advanced modeling skills, strong business communication skills
- Experience using financial systems preferred (Anaplan a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interface with people at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth demanding environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables at any given time.
For candidates located in California, Colorado, New York City, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information:
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.