Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Windows Systems Administrator Associate
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Member of Technical Staff to join our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Organization (CIE CORP Systems Engineering team). You will promote a teaching and learning culture within the team and will be a CIE CORP Systems Admin liaison to all internal stakeholders. As a Systems Administrator (CIE CORP) liaison, you will identify and execute on opportunities to adopt new processes within the team.
The Role: Systems Administrator (Operations Associate)
The systems administrator is a critical member of the Systems Engineering Team (CIE CORP) responsible for the 24/7/365 support of the core business systems, services, and all supporting platforms. The entire supporting infrastructure is both public and private cloud for athenahealth Enterprise applications. While we're looking for an individual that can handle daily operational work, the ideal candidate will have a strong dedication to process, standardization, documentation, and minimizing the risk of emergency situations. As a member of a team dedicated to maintaining superior service for our customers, a positive outlook is essential.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Provide expert technical support for both hardware and software issues encountered by our users
- Maintain and optimize essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, software, and hardware
- Deploy and configure Windows Servers (Virtual & Physical)
- Proactively upgrade systems and processes to enhance functionality and address security concerns
- Monitor system/server performance
- Thoroughly document resolutions for future remediation and knowledge sharing
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Accurately and promptly complete assigned job functions, projects, and scheduled tasks
- Participate On-Call rotation
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or relevant experience
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in a Windows Systems Administrator role
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- PowerShell knowledge (level 200)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and persistent
Knowledge & Skills:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Management
- Azure Active Directory
- Familiarity with Azure Services
- Microsoft 365 Suite of Application (Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint etc.)
- PowerShell, strong familiarization
- VMware, Strong understanding of infrastructure (vCenter, ESXi, vSAN etc.)
- Windows Patching
- Windows Technologies – DNS, DHCP, IIS etc.
- Microsoft SQL server familiarization
- Citrix Infrastructure familiarization
- Service-now familiarization (consumer)
- Jira Service Desk familiarization (consumer)
- Strong overall network skills
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.