Browse thousands of opportunities across our network of innovative companies
Manager Product Management
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Product Manager / Product Owner to join our Collector services zone within our Product Management organization. The Product Owner’s work would be to scope and execute opportunities that enable this platform to meet the growth that athenahealth is set out to.
About Collector Services Zone Product Management team: Our team of product managers are building new and exciting revenue cycle services for athenahealth customers. We work on solving complex business problems for a wide range of stakeholders covering everyone from customers, to our internal technology enabled services teams and our multiple BPO vendors. Our work is quite complex and requires the ability to conceptualize and implement workflows that manage large volumes of claim resolution work. This work can be manually completed by our BPO partners or automated to increase overall system productivity.
- Coordinate and contribute to the definition of assigned product area
- Drive ongoing backlog allocations and prioritization of customer jobs to solve within area of responsibility
- Define epics and user stories, clearly articulating business requirements for the problems we are aiming to solve - including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Identify and track metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility to program success and opportunities for improvement – Requesting analyses to inform backlog
- Partner with Product Management leaders to be the voice of product decisions within the organization
- Represent the customer for assigned product area, demonstrating responsibility for end-to-end customer journey and touchpoints
- Cross-Functional Coordination and Stakeholder Management
- Serve as Product Owner for scrum teams covering assigned product area
- Partner with Product Management leaders to drive portfolio and product strategy
- Support feature rollouts through alpha, beta and general availability by collaborating with customer-facing teams, analyzing feature impact, and preparing communications
- Engage with Sales, AM, Product Marketing, and other internal partner teams as needed to determine best ways to communicate product to customers; and to assist Product Management leadership with service descriptions
- Contribute to the development of overall product management team by lending your knowledge and experience to teach others what you know
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Product Management
- 7+ years of product management experience
- Prior experience with working on healthcare/healthcare interoperability (integrations/HL7/CCDs/Interface Engines) is a plus
- Experience working with stakeholders in a business environment across cross-functional groups
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
- Demonstrated success at driving results in a fast-paced environment and managing simultaneously competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.