Senior Operations Analyst
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Athenahealth offers a variety of Revenue Cycle Management services to its clients in supporting their continued revenue growth. Operations teams takes the lion share of the overall spends of the company. Senior Operations Analyst is responsible for driving work and executing on the tasks in an accurate and timely manner as dictated by our expectations from our customers.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
75% Resolve outstanding health insurance claims or documentation issues through analysis and co-ordination with relevant teams
- Perform tasks or related responsibilities and achieve desired output on specified process in healthcare RCM
- Achieve desired quality of service as required by standard operating procedure and support in continuous performance improvement to offer best quality services
- Responsible to maintain important logs and documentation regarding the details of the tasks performed
- Support an environment of accountability and management against goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve issues identified from day to day working of claims
15% Identify and quantify work trends
- Propose solutions to improve internal processes to facilitate a “touchless” revenue cycle
- Work with internal teams across the Operations Division to prioritize and implement process improvements appropriately prioritized based on impact and business need
10% Accept full ownership and responsibility for special projects
- Work with internal stakeholders and client-facing teams to identify and resolve claim issues impacting individual clients and/or discrete lines of business
- Communicate effectively the status and resolution of any special projects, adhere to established timelines, and serve as a valued subject matter expert for internal teams.
- Any Degree with relevant experience would do
- 3-5 years’ experience in fast paced environment
Knowledge & Skills:
- Healthcare RCM knowledge, Data Entry Specialist and Payment Posting preferred
- Analytical skills and good communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate actions taken and articulate next steps
- MS office skills, required
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.