Member of Technical Staff
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Title : MTS (Member Technical Staff)
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
80% [Primary Function] Technical Execution
- Contribute to accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Deliver customer value in the form of high quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Estimate the size of development tasks in story points
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices
10% Contributions to the Team
- Learn the domain knowledge for area of assignment
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Contribute to agile ceremonies to improve team performance
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Participate and contribute to scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives
- Drive self-organization; help determine how the team functions in collaboration with your peers
5% Cross functional Coordination and Communication
- Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Builds strong relationships with cross-functional team members
5% Mentorship of Others
- Advise and train members of the team to maximize overall productivity and effectiveness of the team
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 2-4 years of experience in an engineering role
- Familiarity of working in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies
- Exposure to object oriented programing, relational database technologies, distributed computing tech (Hadoop, spark), RESTful API, WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks
- Understanding of iOS and Android environments
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment, while producing quality code
- Ability to write code that is technically sound, performant, scalable, and readable
- Ability to identify alternative methods of solving problems and build efficiencies while doing so
- Proven track record of following through on commitments and owning the outcome
- Ability to assess situations or problems from multiple angles to understand complete picture
- Ability to prioritize both individual time and the time of the team
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team with a wide range of experience levels
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.