Member Of Technical Staff
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Member of Technical Staff to join our Platform and Data Services division. You will be partnering with senior engineering and product leadership to do great things. Ultimately your work will focus on design, development, and maintainability of the SDLC, with a primary focus on the Perforce, Bitbucket and Atlassian.
The Team: Source Management (SOURCE) is a team at the heart of the SDLC and is responsible for the ownership and functionality of our source code management tools of Perforce and Bitbucket as well as the integration of these tools into the SDLC through automation, improved developer experience and productivity.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are a developer who is a fast learner, well versed in programming languages, and has good experience working in SDLC and DevOps environments utilizing tools such as Bitbucket, Perforce, AWS and Jenkins. Experience with designing & building developer portals as well as implementing monitoring and logging are beneficial.
As a Member of Technical Staff, you will be working with other developers to provide solutions that have far-reaching impact across the entirety of R&D. You will be partnering with Product and Business leadership on a day-to-day basis for requirements and prioritisation. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot technical issues until resolution.
- Act as the subject matter expert for area of assignment
- Identify and reduce manual work through automation by applying a code first mentality.
- Participate in scrum teams following practices outlined by the team.
- Collaborate with team members to maximise overall productivity and effectiveness.
- Proactively identify and proposes new, alternative technology to create scalable implementations and achieve results.
- Understand and follow engineering conventions, architectures, and best practices.
- Ideally 2+ years of software engineering experience with product development expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong foundation in cloud services such as AWS
- Good knowledge and experience in IaC tools like terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Puppet.
- Strong experience on SDLC tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket, Perforce and build automation tools like Maven and Gradle and developer portal tools like Backstage.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, Graph DBs like Neo4j.
- Ability to write code that is technically sound, performant, scalable, and readable.
- Experience with Agile and CI/CD concepts
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.