Decision Management Manager
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Title: Decision Management Manager
Department: Product Management, athenahealth
Athenahealth is looking for a Decision Management Manager to join the Collector Rules team within the Product Management department. You have a strong technical background coupled with exceptional project & people management skills. You are willing to independently interpret, implement, test & debug highly complex code. You are an excellent communicator who can quickly pick up the complicated healthcare space.
You are a tenacious but nimble learner who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) is a core service offered by athena through our Collector product and related services. Collector product teams in Chennai are responsible for developing and delivering the Product roadmap. Rules Zone under Collector is responsible for the life cycle and governance of business rules based on Client requests and industry regulations.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for converting highly impactful legacy code into new-age technical implementation while keeping the business outcomes intact. You will be partnering with business and product leadership to drive outcomes for the team. Ultimately your work will focus on improving corporate performance, product performance and clinical outcomes.
- Interpret existing Object-Perl code covering subroutines, file handling, OOPS concepts etc
- Reverse engineer complex PERL code & convert it into business requirements/specifications in DMN (Decision Modeling notation) that is technically sound, performant, scalable, and readable.
- Test & debug implemented DMN files
- Debug Perl code
- Create & debug Java methods
- Act as the subject matter expert for your area of assignment
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and leadership to team members
- Review and approve all technical deliverables, including code, designs, and documentation
- Ensure the team follows industry best practices, coding standards, and project management methodologies
- Collaborate with other departments, including product management, to ensure that products meet customer requirements
- Participate in onboarding new team members and help to develop and maintain a positive team culture.
- Highlight risk and challenges with software delivery; identify & drive mitigation measures
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Strong technical knowledge & solid experience in software development, maintenance and production support
- Experience with agile development methodologies and project management tools, such as JIRA
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Perl, Java
- Experience in decision modelling tools (DMN) covering complex DMN implementation with Business & technical attributes, BKMs, Feel Operators, Decision tables, handling iterations etc
- Learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment, while producing quality code
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to take on complex challenges, ability to motivate & inspire the team to navigate through complex scenarios
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.