Associate Member of Technical Staff
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Associate Member of Technical Staff
The Platform Services team is seeking a candidate for “AMTS - Associate Member of Technical Staff” role in our Document Workflow Management Platform team. This team works on developing various back-end services and client facing front end components across multiple workflows within Athenahealth's document services offering to clients.
About Platform Services:
The Platform team within Athena is primarily responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining the core foundational components that are required by all other development teams within Athena to successfully build their products.
As part of this role, you will get an opportunity to collaborate with; and influence the larger developer community in Athena.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Hands on/strong expertise with any of Java/Spring/Springboot, Python, Nodejs, Reactjs or candidate's current tech stack and programming language
- Strong problem solving/logical reasoning skills.
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Exposure to SQL & REST APIs
- Experience with AWS will be an added advantage.
- Experience with coding in Perl will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux preferred
- Experience in working with Micro services will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity of working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components.
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes.
- Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals.
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices.
- Participate and contribute to scrum meetings i.e., daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts, backlog grooming and retrospectives.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.