Associate Member of Technical Staff
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for an Associate Member of Technical Staff to join our Payer Integration team within our Chennai R&D, Platform & Data services subdivision, Integration Platform zone.
Our zone vision is to maximize our network effect through efficient, effective, experience driven interoperability and navigate towards value-based care. Our team’s vision is to improve the payer/partner-provider collaboration in healthcare ecosystem for value-based care and better patient experience. We are building a robust and scalable integration platform to enable bidirectional workflow between Payer/Partner and Provider groups to surface Payer/Partner’s insights on patient's health condition.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you. Your job will be to build enterprise quality applications/services hosted on cloud, with a focus on complex integration and stability at scale for Payer integration and payer platform solutions. You are a technologist with zeal to solve complex problems, have a growth mindset, are a fast learner, who is willing to work in fast paced environment, help us reach our goal of becoming the healthcare backbone by enhancing our cloud based EHR solution and leveraging the network effect of 100k+ providers. Apply your technical skills towards allowing doctors to be doctors so that they can spend more time doing what they do best: provide patient care.
- Design and develop quality code in an agile approach adhering to the business requirements. Deploy the code to production and deliver timely fixes.
- Write unit tests, continuously monitor and maintain code quality by checking potential code bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Build services that run on cloud and cater to billions of transaction volumes, per day.
- Ensuring high quality and optimum performance of integration systems by proactively identifying and proposing new, alternative solutions as appropriate.
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectural approaches, and best practices.
- Adhere to the team’s Definition of Done; perform peer code reviews to ensure quality standards
- Develop domain knowledge. Take ownership of what you build and coordinate your efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- Participate and contribute to Agile ceremonies including daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts, and retrospectives
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in software development role
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge in programming languages such as: Java, spring boot
- Knowledge of working with AWS, IaC (Terraform) will be plus.
- Knowledge of working with RESTAPI and SQL development.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.