Product Manager, Contract Management
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team within the athenaCollector division. Your job will involve ownership of a product area within Collectors portfolio. This includes understanding the market and customer and driving the design, creation and delivery of the product.
The Practice Management Zone supports key workflows in revenue cycle that are aimed at helping clients manage their practices to financial and operational excellence. We are a passionate team of product, engineering, UX, and analytics professionals driven to maximize revenue cycle effectiveness for our clients.
We are looking for a Product Manager to help guide product discovery, development and delivery for our Contract Management capabilities, working to empower our clients to maximize their reimbursement through visibility into and insights about their payer contracts. You will work closely with user experience and market-facing teams to understand goals and requirements of customers, both for end users and for leadership/decision-maker roles. You will collaborate across athenahealth’s product subdivisions to prioritize the product roadmap for your team, and ensure delivery of high-quality, high-impact features to align with the needs of clients. You will work closely with our engineering and UX leaders as we build and deliver on our vision to provide actionable insights to our customers.
This position is located at our Watertown, MA office.
But enough about us; let’s talk about you. You are passionate about problem-solving, and always take a customer-centric approach. You know how to energize cross-functional teams around a problem and use data to identify and prioritize solutions. You push and strive toward the best long-term solution while executing against that plan day-to-day. You can make the tough trade off decisions between scope and schedule, while maintaining true focus on outcomes.
The Product Manager is responsible for one product area within their overarching Product’s portfolio; understanding the market and customer, contributing to a product vision, developing business cases, ensuring a product or set of product features meets business requirements and driving the creation and delivery of the product. This position will work daily within scrum teams defining and writing user stories, prioritizing product backlogs, and making trade off decisions between scope and schedule.
- Drive ongoing backlog allocations and prioritization of customer jobs to solve within area of responsibility
- Define epics and user stories, clearly articulating business requirements for the problems we’re trying to solve - including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Understand the market opportunity via user needs, market forces and applicable business models; with regards to what would best serve our clients today as well as in the future
- Identify and track metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility to program success and opportunities for improvement – Requesting analyses to inform backlog
- Partner with Product Management leaders to be the voice of product decisions within the organization; assist leaders in identifying business opportunities that will drive product success
- Serve as Product Owner for scrum teams covering assigned product area
- Represent the customer for assigned product area, demonstrating responsibility for end-to-end customer journey and touchpoints
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required
- Understanding of healthcare revenue cycle / health IT environment preferred
- 5+ years overall professional experience, inclusive of 2-4+ years of product management experience
- Experience bringing products to market
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development
- Demonstrated success at driving innovation in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain your positioning to key stakeholders around the company in an effective way
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.