Software Engineer, IDX
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Software Engineer – IDX (Revenue Cycle Management)
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our IDX team within our Product Engineering organization.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
The Team: athenaIDX is a suite of applications related to revenue cycle management, such as billing, scheduling, and hospital patient accounting. The right candidate does not need experience with revenue cycle management systems, but it is considered a high-value attribute. AthenaIDX is a well established and respected product with many high profile customers.
- Contribute to accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers, Scrum Master and Product Owner.
- Collaborate with team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Estimate the size of development tasks in story points.
- Write, debug and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes.
- Develop knowledge and domain expertise. Take ownership of what you and the team build and coordinate your efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices
- About 2-4 years of software engineering experience
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language; relational databases, with modern UI frameworks helpful
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience w/ automated functional or unit testing preferred
- We work in Agile environment, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts preferred
- Knowledge of SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies preferred
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.