Senior Member of Technical Staff - SMTS
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Senior Member Technical Staff to join our team within IDX Analytics team. Your job will be to contribute to accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail. Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity, and Integration testing.
IDX business is looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer who can design, develop, maintain and upgrade our AnalyticsIQ products. In this position, you will be working closely with Application Development teams, Architects, Product Owners and other technical teams to manage and maintain the complete software development process from conception to deployment. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
- Contribute to accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Estimate the size of development tasks in story points
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Resolves technical/production issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Must have working knowledge of commonly used design patterns
- 6 - 7 years of experience in an engineering role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
- Significant software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Experience in an Agile Delivery Methodology and working with Scrum teams preferred
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) using common design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using JAVA 8, J2EE, Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Microservices & Web Services (REST)
- Hands on experience in UI development using Angular 6+
- Experience with test-driven development by writing automated unit tests for the code to be developed for both UI and backend by using frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Karma-Jasmine, etc.
- Experience on service-based architecture using Rest Services constructs. Knowledge of general web platform concepts including http, CSS, CORS and caching
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Database Concepts, SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Good experience in using Git/Bitbucket, Maven/Node & related tools.
- Experience in building analytical reports using Power BI and knowledge in SSIS, SSAS, and Tabular models is a plus.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate framework, database, and programming technology.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.