Member of Technical Staff-MTS
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Platform and data services are looking for a Member of Technical Staff to join our Data platform zone.
About platform and data services
The platform and data services R & D team within athenahealth works on unleashing the potential of a large volume of high-quality healthcare data in our ecosystem. This team works on products ranging from creating a federated Data Lake and multiple data products for our clients based on this data. This data is used for creating dashboards, and reports and is also consumed by the data science team for running their machine learning models.
The Data Lake team is responsible for the data ingestion from various sources (DBs, LMM, Events, User activity on the web and mobile interface etc) to our data lake which can be consumed by our internal teams.
• Collaborating with product, architect, and other stakeholders to build world-class products
• Develop rugged code, carefully considering security, performance, longevity, and testing
• Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
• Programming in Python /Java or similar and building modules using microservice architecture
• Perform peer code reviews to ensure quality standards
• Developing and maintaining highly scalable and reliable backend distributed system
• Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, bug fixes, and documentation
• Perform peer code reviews to ensure quality standards
• Scale systems to meet business demand by working with Architects and leads
• Creating unit, functional, and integration test cases for maintaining the quality of the product • Continually learn modern technologies in related areas.
• 2 – 5 years of experience in an engineering role
• Ideally 2-5 years of progressive software development experience with significant product development expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Proficiency in any technologies like Python, Java
• Hands-on experience with SQL database design, optimization, and its tuning is required.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux Platforms
• Knowledge of data warehouses like Snowflake or Hadoop, etc is required.
• Experience with Postgres and its internals is a big plus.
• Experience with processing CDC (Change Data Capture) is a big plus.
• Hands-on experience in optimizing and managing Kafka, Kinesis, or similar Is nice to have.
• Experience with deploying and maintaining services in a public cloud like AWS is an added advantage
• Excellent communication skills
• Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
• Our Location: This role will be in Bengaluru, India. Our Global Headquarters is in Watertown, MA, just a few miles from Boston. We have three other US locations in Atlanta, Austin, and Belfast, ME
• Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation, and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an Athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple, and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
• Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our Athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee well-being such as collaborative workspaces and Work from home options just to name a few.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.