Product Manager, Consumer Engagement
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Product Manager, Consumer Engagement
We are looking for a Product Manager / Product Owner to join our Consumer Engagement team within our Patient Experience Product Management organization. The Product Owner’s work would be to scope and execute opportunities that provide value.
As a Consumer Engagement product manager, you will oversee efforts to drive patient and healthcare consumer engagement and retention. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, and Engineering across all athenahealth product subdivisions.
This role would be a good fit for passionate marketing leaders with keen project management and customer strategy skills.
This role is based in our Austin, Texas office. Candidates should be located in the Austin area.
The Consumer Engagement Team is the front door to our patient messaging services, whether it be for automated messaging campaigns such as Appointment Reminders, or manual on-demand campaigns to drive awareness for recommended health screenings. The team collaborates with varying product stakeholders to understand communication requirements and design the most effective communication strategies to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Manage the efforts of the Consumer Engagement team across all channels (email, SMS, push, TTS)
- Develop communication strategies, creative assets, and tracking frameworks to guide patients through the consumer lifecycle
- Understand the consumer and patient lifecycle deeply and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Oversee Messaging as a Service campaigns from start to finish: design experiments, develop campaign strategy, and drive execution of the campaign
- Investigate and test new campaign opportunities
- Define epics and user stories, clearly articulating business requirements for the problems we are aiming to solve - including UX/CX/Support requirements
- Represent the customer for assigned product areas, demonstrating responsibility for end-to-end patient journey and touchpoints
- Partner with Engineering and Analytics teams to measure the impact of each campaign, develop ways to scale campaigns across clients
- Identify and track metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility to program success and opportunities for improvement
- Serve as Product Owner for teams covering assigned product area
- Support feature rollouts through alpha, beta and general availability by collaborating with customer-facing teams, analyzing feature impact, and preparing communications
- Partner with Product Management leaders to drive portfolio and product strategy
- Engage with Sales, AM, Product Marketing, and other internal partner teams as needed to determine best ways to communicate product to customers; and to assist Product Management leadership with service descriptions
- Contribute to the development of overall product management team by lending your knowledge and experience to teach others what you know
- Coordinate and contribute to the definition of assigned product area
- Partner with Product Management leaders to be the voice of product decisions within the organization
5 years overall professional experience, inclusive of a minimum of 2-4 years of product management experience
Experience in lifecycle marketing, retention marketing, or customer/consumer marketing
Stays up to date with growth marketing trends, tactics, and frameworks
Technical experience using lifecycle communication tools like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Iterable, Braze, Customer.io, etc.
Experience working with event and customer data to use in creative personalization, segmentation, and analytics
Relevant experience collaborating with Product and Analytics teams
Experience with A/B testing
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required
Prior experience with working on healthcare/healthcare interoperability (integrations/HL7/CCDs/Interface Engines) is a plus
Experience working with stakeholders in a business environment across cross-functional groups
Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments
Demonstrated success at driving results in a fast-paced environment and managing simultaneously competing priorities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.