Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
athenahealth is a progressive and innovation-driven software product company. We partner with healthcare organizations across the care continuum to drive clinical and financial results. Our expert teams build modern technology on an open, connected ecosystem, yielding insights that make a difference for our customers and their patients. We maintain a unique values-driven employee culture and offer a flexible work-life balance. As evidence of our rapid growth and industry leadership, we were acquired by the world’s leading investment firm “Bain Capital” for $17 billion! and we have many new strategic product initiatives for 2023.
We are headquartered in Watertown, US, and our India offices are in Chennai, Bangalore, and Pune.
Position Summary: We are looking for an ”Operations Analyst” to join our Operations team in Chennai. Your Job will be responsible for working on resolving claims and or tasks associated with US healthcare RCM.
But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a curious person who is great at identifying problems and seeing them through to resolution. You would rather be an expert in a specific area than a generalist but still need to know how your work fits in with the bigger picture. You are careful and detail-oriented but at the same time very efficient in your work and are always looking for ways to streamline processes and cut out waste.
The Team: Operations team holds accountability for critical parts of the workflows of athenahealth. We execute driving key initiatives in athenaClinicals and athenaCollector by working with our customers as well as internal stakeholders. We are responsible for leveraging the knowledge in the athenaNet platform in order to improve the product and advance our services.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment
- Domain exposure Posting, Remittance tracking, Remit record knowledge added advantage, Revenue cycle management, and Denial management.
- Healthcare RCM knowledge (preferred).
- Analytical skills and good communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate actions taken and next steps
- MS Office skills, required
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 90% of your work resolves outstanding health insurance claims or documentation issues through analysis and coordination with relevant teams
- Perform tasks or related responsibilities and achieve desired output on specified processes in healthcare RCM
- Achieve desired quality of service as required by standard operating procedure and support in continuous performance improvement to offer the best quality services
- Responsible to maintain important logs and documentation regarding the details of the tasks performed
- Support an environment of accountability and management against goals
- Propose solutions to improve internal processes to facilitate a “touchless” revenue cycle
- Work with internal stakeholders and client-facing teams to identify and resolve claim issues impacting individual clients and/or discrete lines of business
- Communicate effectively the status and resolution of any special projects, adhere to established timelines, and serve as a valued subject matter expert for internal teams.
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.