FP&A Senior Associate
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
The Team: Our FP&A team drives decisions at all levels, from Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team strategy to manager-level tactical operations, by analyzing and reporting financial results and developing forecasts.
Within FP&A, the Center of Excellence Transformation team is a highly agile and visible team of trusted partners; we are continuously creating, improving, and partnering to advance Athena’s forecasting and reporting capabilities across people, process, and technology solutions. This person will be responsible for supporting various cross-FPA processes and projects and working closely with Business and Finance partners in all aspects of the business, from revenue to expense to corporate.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecast, including variance analysis and trend analysis
- Own monthly expense analysis and associated journal entries for accruals and reclasses; work with the Accounting team to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data
- Prepare periodic financial reports (i.e., weekly, monthly, or quarterly) for stakeholders. Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the current reporting structure and develop better ways to assess business performance.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions to maintain coding and proper budget control.
- Become proficient in the use of the company's current general ledger, Oracle.
- Become proficient in the use of the companies' budgeting, forecasting, scorecard, and reporting software, Anaplan.
- Lead and/or support projects to centralize and standardize work across the FPA team.
- 6+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Bachelors' degree in related field
- Self-starter, proactive in driving results
- Exceptional financial analysis background, advanced modeling skills, strong communication skills
- Excellent Excel and analysis skills required
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with a customer-first approach
- Track record of maintaining strict confidentiality
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.