Product Analytics Manager
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Position Summary: This role is responsible for supporting Product Management planning and decision making, by providing relevant and timely athenaNet-based data, analytics, and insights. Manages a team of analysts supporting a couple of zones and represents Product Analytics within the zone leadership team(s).
Responsible for technical expertise in data analysis and metric definition in order to make recommendations that drive meaningful business outcomes.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
40% Scrum Team Support
- Work with Product Managers to determine the measures of success and guide good usage of outcome driven metrics
- Pull user, transaction, and other data from complex systems in order to format into reports and analyses for the Product Managers
- Synthesize results to determine success or failure of experiments and make recommendations on go forward plan
- Create and maintain easy to use visuals (e.g. dashboard, report card, etc) to keep Product teams informed of product/feature performance
- Reinforce the use of standardized data assets and metrics, and help surface and fill gaps as discovered
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with associated product team(s)
30% Zone Leadership
- Represent Product Analytics within R&D Zone Leadership team (inclusive of PM, Eng, and UX), forging strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Advocate for needed analytics resources, and drive consistency in engagement with Product Analytics resources across teams
- Allocate resources with top priorities and areas of highest analytics impact
30% Team Management
- Contribute to the development of direct reports and overall Product Analytics team by lending your knowledge and experience to teach others what you know
- Provide technical guidance to direct reports, inclusive of validating technical approach, enforcing opportunities for reusability and modularity, and evaluating level of fidelity required for projects
- Define roles and responsibilities of direct reports, offering effective delegation and feedback of assigned work/projects
- Set and monitor annual performance goals & objectives, including responsibility for performance appraisals
- Responsible for development of direct reports, via routine check-ins; identifying training needs; providing coaching/teaching; and identifying/advocating for professional development opportunities
- Responsible for termination/disciplinary authority of direct reports, which includes ensuring appropriate steps are taken when delivering feedback and initiating personnel action
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in quantitative disciplines like Computer Science, Data Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Analytics, or Information Systems preferred
- 6+ years professional experience, preferably including 4+ years of data analytics or data science
- Experience mentoring, training, or managing other employees
- Strong understanding of database technologies and ability to write code to gather data. Considerable SQL experience mandatory; additional programming experience (e.g. Python, R) mandatory
- Mastery of advanced time-series analysis, cohort identification & comparison, benchmark development, applied statistical methods, behavioral analytics, and data visualization
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to synthesize complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve business problems
- Ability to drive inter-team collaboration in order to achieve business results
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Ability to analyze a variety of information in order to drive strategic product development and product performance
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of tools, techniques, and processes to gather and report data
- Ability to collect, combine, and analyze complex qualitative and quantitative information from different sources and formats and distill into manageable, actionable, and shareable outputs
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, strategies, techniques, and tools for effective communication of technical ideas to various audiences
- Strong track record of influencing across a range of audiences, both internal and external audiences, and across a range of cohorts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, inspire, and develop a team of more junior analysts
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.