Principal Member of Technical Staff-PMTS
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Principal Member of Technical Staff to join our Collector team within our Chennai R&D division. Your job will be to build products and services for Collector – Revenue Cycle Management Product. Help us reach our goal of becoming the healthcare backbone by enhancing our cloud-based EHR solution and leveraging the network effect of 85,400+ providers. Apply your technical skills towards allowing doctors to be doctors so that they can spend more time doing what they do best: provide patient care. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are Technologists with zeal to solve complex problems, growth mindset, fast learners who are willing to work in fast paced environment with total accountability.
Our Collector R&D teams are building new and exciting revenue cycle services for athenahealth customers. We work on solving complex business problems for a wide range of stakeholders covering everyone from customers, to our internal technology enabled services teams and our multiple BPO vendors. Our work is quite complex and requires the ability to conceptualize and implement workflows that manage large volumes of claim resolution work. This work can be manually completed by our BPO partners or automated to increase overall system productivity.
- Software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Convert user stories into technical design and deliver working software.
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with R&D policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Estimate the size of development tasks in story points.
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices.
- 12-15 years of experience in an engineering role.
- Experience in an Agile environment. Been part of SDLC, deployment & support of software projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Significant software engineering skills and computer science experience.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies required.
- Experience architecting/developing solutions on AWS.
- Knowledge of Version control management tools like Perforce & Git.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, relational database technologies, distributed computing tech and RESTful APIs.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of or experience with big data analytics techniques: data warehousing (Snowflake), data mining (Looker) is a plus.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Chennai, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, just a few miles from Boston. We have two other India locations in Bangalore and Pune.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as com
Here’s our vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
What’s unique about our locations?
From an historic, 19th century arsenal to a converted, landmark power plant, all of athenahealth’s offices were carefully chosen to represent our innovative spirit and promote the most positive and productive work environment for our teams. Our 10 offices across the United States and India — plus numerous remote employees — all work to modernize the healthcare experience, together.
Our company culture might be our best feature.
We don't take ourselves too seriously. But our work? That’s another story. athenahealth develops and implements products and services that support US healthcare: It’s our chance to create healthier futures for ourselves, for our family and friends, for everyone.
Our vibrant and talented employees — or athenistas, as we call ourselves — spark the innovation and passion needed to accomplish our goal. We continue to expand our workforce with amazing people who bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives at every level, and foster an environment where every athenista feels comfortable bringing their best selves to work.
Our size makes a difference, too: We are small enough that your individual contributions will stand out — but large enough to grow your career with our resources and established business stability.
Giving back is integral to our culture. Our athenaGives platform strives to support food security, expand access to high-quality healthcare for all, and support STEM education to develop providers and technologists who will provide access to high-quality healthcare for all in the future. As part of the evolution of athenahealth’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, we’ve selected nonprofit partners that align with our purpose and let us foster long-term partnerships for charitable giving, employee volunteerism, insight sharing, collaboration, and cross-team engagement.
What can we do for you?
Along with health and financial benefits, athenistas enjoy perks specific to each location, including commuter support, employee assistance programs, tuition assistance, employee resource groups, and collaborative workspaces — some offices even welcome dogs.
In addition to our traditional benefits and perks, we sponsor events throughout the year, including book clubs, external speakers, and hackathons. And we provide athenistas with a company culture based on learning, the support of an engaged team, and an inclusive environment where all employees are valued.
We also encourage a better work-life balance for athenistas with our flexibility. While we know in-office collaboration is critical to our vision, we recognize that not all work needs to be done within an office environment, full-time. With consistent communication and digital collaboration tools, athenahealth enables employees to find a balance that feels fulfilling and productive for each individual situation.