Sr. Integration Engineer
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Senior Integration Engineer will play a critical role within the Technical Services team. Specifically, they will be responsible for using their healthcare industry experience to scope, build and deploy integration deliverables between the Amwell platform and our clients’ 3rd party systems. They will impart leadership to ensure deliverables are prioritized appropriately, executed on time and with the highest quality. They will define and enforce the process throughout the implementation lifecycle and own assigned client projects and escalations.
- Design, map, build, migrate and maintain interfaces that facilitate workflows between the Amwell platforms and client third party systems as scoped.
- Drive the creation and organization of knowledge collateral for employee onboarding, client-facing presentations and cross-functional learning that enables autonomy and business growth.
- Define and enforce a highly scalable and repeatable methodology for the implementation of our standard integration offerings along with a set of documentation templates that are uniformly used across client projects.
- Lead client-facing requirement discovery and solutioning sessions and assist with pre-sale technical presentations as needed.
- Document message specifications and technical requirements, including but not limited to reverse engineering of existing healthcare IT interfaces to capture requirements when needed
- Enforce documentation of generic and client-specific integration workflows, routes, and communication port configurations to ensure proper versioning, thorough testing for all variations and an audit trail of what and why.
- Enforce Production Support protocols and timelines as defined by the Engineering Support team.
- Contribute to the diagnosis of platform technical issues when requested.
- 5+ years of experience scoping and/or developing integration solutions that enable the flow of information between major clinical and ancillary systems i.e. registration, scheduling, billing, order entry, EMRs, HIEs.
- 3+ years of experience vetting and delivering custom healthcare integration solutions as scoped to satisfy critical client workflows. Actual client-facing experience is required.
- Extensive experience with healthcare interoperability and messaging standards, including but not limited to HL7, FHIR and IHE integration profiles.
- Expertise with interface engines and/or enterprise service bus architectures. Lyniate Rhapsody experience is preferred.
- Experience working with SOAP and REST based web services.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SOAP, …)
- Strong understanding of XML technologies (XML, XSD, XSL/XSLT)
- Experience with SSO, SAML 2.0, and Auth0.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create order in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience working in situations where strong cross-functional alignment is required for project success; strong relationship-building skills, collaborative.
- Critical thinker, curious, accountable, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high-intensity start-up environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated experience managing difficult clients particularly at the leadership level.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous customer engagements.
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $108,000 - $148,500. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Flexible Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance