Senior Product Manager
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Senior Product Manager will work collaboratively with other leaders in Engineering, Design, Corporate Strategy, Finance, Marketing and Sales to help bring new products to market, from inception to delivery. You will have a key role in the design process, working with cross-functional teams of Designers, Software Engineers, and QA Engineers to build intuitive workflows, immersive experiences, and comprehensive integration tools. You will synthesize customer insight and market data, combine insights to create sustainable offerings, evaluate customer satisfaction, assess customer demand, understand relative costs, assist with pricing structures, and define KPIs to assess product performance. You see the big picture, while thriving in the details needed to drive day-to-day progress. You possess a thorough understanding of your end users, a passion for detail-oriented design, and a critical eye toward clear visuals and text.
The focus area for this position is with our Devices team where you will work on SaaS software solutions that enhance and augment our award-winning Amwell device portfolio.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap for commercial, in-market digital health products. Drive these solutions from concept to implementation. Ensure the roadmap aligns with product portfolio and company vision.
- Evangelize and validate the product strategy and roadmap constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going and why.
- Be the expert on your customers, market, domain and trends. Interact with customers and utilize data to identify customer needs opportunities.
- Document and maintain roadmap of offering enhancements and investments, preparing and presenting executive level investment proposals as needed to support your plan.
- Document and prioritize requirements for upcoming product releases and launch activities.
- Hands-on management of products throughout their lifecycle, from planning to launch, including collaborating directly with marketing, experience and visual design, analytics, engineering, and client-facing teams.
- Conduct regular sessions with cross functional teams to drive results and delivery across sales, marketing, executive, legal, customer support, clinical and product/technology teams
- Craft internal and external communications around related to product positioning
- Leverage project management best practices and tools to optimize communication, task tracking, risk mitigation, milestone coordination and reporting, with a goal of maintaining organization-wide alignment and transparency
- Analyze, synthesize, and integrate the “Voice of the Customer” into our products, service delivery, mindset and culture
The ideal candidate must be a collaborative, high energy, strategic leader with a strong sense of urgency and a performance-based track record of driving product growth and experience with managing agile product development processes. A driven self-starter with high initiative and confidence.
- 7+ years’ software product management experience, ideally with an enterprise SaaS product.
- Direct experience leading the design, development and launch of enterprise B2B applications
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Proven ability to deliver product capabilities to market and oversee a successful launch working through and with cross functional teams.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced software environment (agile experience preferred), and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Experience with IOT devices and IOT device management, highly desired
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying degrees of priorities
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting to and influencing executive leadership.
- PMP or other project/program management certification desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, Master’s preferred
- Minimal travel required (5%)
Product Management: Proactive, forward thinking, and resourceful are a few words that describe the Product Management team at Amwell. This innovative team manages the product roadmap, designs experiences that delight users, works with development teams to implement the product vision, and works closely with current and future customers as the product experts of the Amwell family. Each member of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, communicating the product’s value across all other Amwell teams and to our customers.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast-paced, and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $133,200 - $183,150. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Flexible Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance