Senior Technical Program Manager, Domain Delivery
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As SR. Technical Program Manager, you will serve a critical role in the successful delivery of software solutions for our enterprise platform. You will work multiple levels of management across product, development, and other interfacing teams to own operational excellence across the entire PDLC. You will ensure the lifecycle is operating efficiently from intake management to successful production deployment by providing visibility and alignment across teams, executive leadership, and other key stakeholders. You will leverage and manage artifacts, processes, and ceremonies to connect the delivery of your platform domain (8-10 scrum teams) to the cross-domain program management of key initiatives. You will be a champion of agile software development methodologies by providing agile coaching, domain-level ceremonies such as scrum of scrums, demos, and retrospectives to drive incremental improvement.
This versatile role is ideal for a process oriented, adaptive leader that understands the value of leveraging data analytics, curated artifacts, and soft skills to empower highly efficient software development in a matrixed environment. The SR. Technical Program Manager will drive value to our customers and team members in a timely manner by managing delivery, providing coaching, and driving transformation with high quality. This versatile role will be part project and program manager, part Agile practitioner (RTE, Scrum Master, Agile coach), process improvement engineer, change manager, and part consultant. We are looking for someone well-versed in connecting people and organizations and identifying, managing, and simplifying complex interdependencies. This role will leverage expertise rooted in industry best practices, internal knowledge, and organizational navigation skills.
Technical Program Management for Domain Delivery
- Become a subject matter expert in how Amwell delivers products to its clients
- Drives operational success for our software development teams through identifying, managing, and resolving impediments across 8-10 development teams
- Manages alignment, visibility, and communication of all aspects of our product development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Initiative prioritization and assignment
- Requirements Gathering
- Definition of Ready, Definition of Done
- Planning and grooming
- Implementation and quality assurance
- Release planning and coordination
- Facilitates scrum ceremonies at a program level (Scrum of scrums, PI planning, demos, retrospectives, RCAs, and any other ceremonies necessary to drive efficient and effective software development
- Aids in the establishment, implementation, and adherence of PLDC processes to support efficient software development, and actionable, outcome-focused data analysis
- Makes connections across teams and work streams to drive identification and facilitation of interdependencies. Navigates dependencies across complex matrixed organizations and internal, client, and third-party technical delivery teams.
- Explains information and persuades others in complex situations. Effectively interacts, negotiates, and influences project teams and business partners to deliver acceptable solutions and results.
- Drives decision-making and issue-resolution utilizing actionable data and metrics.
- Provides agile and scrum methodology guidance to our development teams to encourage and drive forward incremental improvement
- Owns program-level sprint plans and roadmaps with clear dependency tracking, release plans, and process to align and update
- Manages capacity planning, work sizing and estimation, as well as intake management at the team and domain level
- Leverages expertise in operational excellence best practices and quantitative strategies to ensure highly efficient software development teams (Consistency, Reliability, Quality, Dependability, etc.)
- Supports quality production deployments by managing a release process that substantiates readiness and quality standards have been achieved
- 7-10+ years in Solution Delivery (project, program, product delivery)
- Exceptional project and program management abilities; ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong understanding of software development processes. Experience with agile software methodologies; Agile/Scrum certification a plus
- Demonstrated examples of exceptional emotional maturity and EQ
- Experience working in a Software/SaaS and/or healthcare environment in Program Management
- Understanding of microservices architecture, and DevOps concepts such as CI/CD, blue/green deployments, DORA metrics, etc
- Understanding of healthcare delivery, including healthcare privacy & data standards (HIPAA, SOC2, GDPR, FHIR, WCAG etc)
- Worked in small, start-up environments as well as larger environments with the savvy to know how to best scale and build organizational capabilities, processes, and tools
- Outstanding organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passionate team player who is dedicated to the growth and development of the company, product, team, and individual
- Fluency in project management tools (SmartSheet, Jira, Confluence) for program planning and execution
- Strong analytical skills, with experience using Google Analytics and Looker preferred (or similar enterprise BI tool)
Energetic, forward thinking, analytical and resourceful are a few words that describe the Operations, Enablement, and Solutions Delivery team at Amwell. This innovative team optimizes processes to deliver products that delight users and works closely with current and future customers as the operational experts of the Amwell R&D organization. Each member of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, defining, maturing, delivering, and communicating the product development processes and projects across all other Amwell teams.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast-paced and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
The typical base salary range for this position is $129,120 - $177,540. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance